Welcome, Tervetuloa, Benvenuto, Welkom,
The USiTaT team is glad to introduce the Digital guidebook “Social-cultural Sustainability in Travel and Tourism” that is hosted on the pages of the USiTaT website dedicated to professionals.
Target groups of this guidebook are companies and other organisations in the tourism industry.
The digital guidebook has been planned according to the inquiry carried out among companies at the beginning of the project. This material can be used as a guidance material in working life.
The focus of the digital guidebook is on sustainability from the point of view of social and cultural elements in tourism and their preservation, from one side, and valorisation, from the other side, as a unique and precious heritage of a territory.
Specifically, the digital guidebook is organized in four sections:
- Topic 1 – Cultural Identity
- Topic 2 – UNESCO World Heritage
- Topic 3 – Gastronomy
- Topic 4 – Accessibility and Liberty,
For each of the topic, the guidebook includes:
- an introduction that explains the topic the section is about;
- a summary of the main highlights about the topic per each project Country (Finland, Italy, Malta, Netherlands), except for the Topic 4, that has not national summaries because Accessibility and Liberty are global concepts;
- case studies/best practices from each project Country (Finland, Italy, Malta, Netherlands).
All partners contributed to the content of each section by contributing in-depth information related to their own country.